The Blogging Survey

Hey everyone!

So, as you know, the purpose of this blog is for me to write a report on blogging, investigating why it is so popular and how blogs become successful.

However, for me to do this, I need to do more than talk about it from my point of view on here; I need to find out what other people think about it. So, I decided to create a survey.

I used a site called SurveyMonkey to create my survey, and it was really easy to use. In fact, it was a lot better than I was expecting originally. There were loads of different question formats to add into it and it was very easy to add your answer choices and edit them. I would recommend this site to anyone, I found it very easy to use and it was very simple to navigate. If you're thinking of creating your own survey for any reason, I suggest you check it out.

Before choosing my questions, I had to figure out what I wanted from the survey, what the purpose of my research was and what I was wanting to find out. As the 'free' version of the survey maker on SurveyMonkey limits your survey to 10 questions, I needed to make sure that every question counted and I managed to fit in everything that I wanted to know.

As my report's aim was to understand people's attitudes towards blogging in general and how to blog, I decided to take the approach of asking people what their blogging habits were like, and what they liked and disliked about certain features of blogs; after all, these people are the audience, and a blog's success is largely down to them, and to get them on side you need to find out what they want to see and what they don't.

After deciding on my questions, I posted links to my survey on all of my social media platforms for maximum traffic, as I needed as many responses as possible. It's important that surveys have lots of participants to make the results valid enough to create a generalisation and balance out any extreme anomalies.

And now, I sit back and wait! My aim is to get at least 30 participants to take part in my study so that I have enough data to analyse and create graphs and charts from to use in my report, as this will be the main body of work which will be discussed in it.

I'll probably be posting again eventually when people have participated in the study to talk about the results! For now, if you would like to see the survey or take it yourself, click here.

Lauren xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment